Wednesday, August 16, 2017

Postitive Affirmations - Getting Started (and the Secret to Supercharging Them!)



When it comes to big change, all you hear about is being in the right “mindset.” Eating healthier? Mindset. Working out? Mindset. Trying to be a more positive person? Yup – mindset. Like it or not, it’s true – if you’re not in the right headspace to make those kinds of big changes, it becomes more and more of a struggle until you give up, wondering why you’re so weak and where it all went wrong.

A lot of the time, we try to force our actions before our brain’s in the right place. There have been too many times for me to count: Here I go, thinking "Today's the Day!," only to crap out a week later with nothing to show for it but frustration. Though some can push through flawlessly, I’m definitely not one of those people!

So what’s my secret to change? Positive affirmations. Yes! I can’t get enough of ‘em!


 

What are positive affirmations? At their most basic, affirmations are sentences or phrases you repeat aloud to yourself multiple times a day. In truth, they are one of the quickest ways to reprogram your mind and reality towards any success of your choosing.

A lot of the big self-help names suggest affirmations: Wayne Dyer, Louise Hay, and Napoleon Hill, to name a few. And with good reason! You’ll hear me say over and over that self-talk is EVERYTHING – because it is! What you tell yourself is the prerequisite to every choice you’ll make and every action you take. It determines your health, happiness, self-confidence, everything. And if you change your self-talk, you’ll find small changes adding up to a landslide of everything you’ve ever wanted.

Sounds awesome, right? Let’s get started! You can use affirmations for any part of your life – weight loss, exercise, studying, even the big stuff like self-worth, mental health, and spirituality. There’s no part of your life that affirmations can’t help. The best affirmations have these things in common:


  1. They’re stated in present tense – past or future tense is almost never used.
  2. They use positive words only – the words “no,” “can’t,” and “not” are absent. “I am a positive, happy person” is way more effective than “I’m not a mean, negative person.” Your brain responds to those negative words, even if your statement is positive!
  3. They resonate with you. Everyone’s affirmations are different – if you try one, and it gives you a weird, tight feeling in your stomach, then drop it, even if it’s exactly what you’re looking for. If even reading it on the page gives you a thrill and lifts you up – stick with it! That’s exactly what you’re looking for.

There’s one word that will superpower every single affirmation you use: That word is NOW. If you charge up your affirmations with the power of NOW, you’ll see a bigger difference in less time!


The Internet is full of affirmations covering every subject possible. Here are five of my personal favorites that have brought real, visible change to my reality:


The Internet is full of affirmations covering every subject possible. Here are five of my personal favorites that bring real, visible change:


  • I am now completely connected to an unlimited source of abundance.
  • I am now a natural magnet of success and good fortune.
  • I now lose weight easily and effortlessly.
  • I now accomplish every task I set my mind to with ease and comfort.
  • I contemplate myself now surrounded by the conditions I wish to attract into my life.
Note how they’re all in the present tense, use positive language, and all include the word “now.” Though a lot of people say the best time to recite affirmations is when you first wake up and right before bed, I believe that any time you recite them is the best time. Sometimes it’s embarrassing letting affirmations fly when someone else is around. That’s what the car is for! When you’re driving, you can recite affirmations as loud and as many times as you want. It’s so liberating! If you have kids, get them reciting a few of their own or ask them to join in with you. What kid doesn’t like yelling at the top of their lungs?

If you stick to them – or do them for at least a week – I promise you will see real change begin to take form. You will surprise yourself at all the amazing things that manifest into your life. Now go forth and affirm!

Do you have a favorite affirmation that turned things around for you? Let me know in the comments below! As always, thanks for reading!

~Sara💖